How to make your Cut flowers last longer FROM DIANTHUS MIAMI.
WHETHER YOU HAVE YACHT FLOWERS, CRUISE SHIP FLOWERS, RESIDENTIAL FLOWERS OR OFFICE FLOWERS, DIANTHUS MIAMI EMPHASIZES THAT ONE SHOULD FEED THEM GOOD FOOD.
Flower food. If you’ve ever thrown away a packet that comes with your stems, you’re doing your bouquet a disservice. A packet of flower food contains sugar to feed the flowers, bleach—or something like it—to keep bacteria from growing, and acid to lower the pH of the water so that the flowers can “eat” more effectively. Flower food will keep your fresh flowers longer.
TOP 3 FLOWER ARRANGEMENT MYTHS
On the flip side here are tricks that some people swear by, but don’t work well:
1) Pennies: Some people say that adding a couple pennies to the bottom of your vase will help your flowers last longer because the copper in the pennies inhibits bacteria growth. The problem is that the copper inside a penny isn’t soluble, meaning it won’t transfer from the penny to the flowers.
2) Aspirin: Another trick that people consider is to add aspirin to the water. While some people swear by this trick, Real Simple’s tests showed that it not only didn’t help the flowers, it caused them to die quicker.
3) Bleach: Some people also say that adding bleach to the water helps flowers last longer. The trick though is not adding too much — a couple of drops can help bacteria from growing in the vase, but more than that will bleach your stems a sickly white.
TOP 5 FLOWER ARRANGEMENT TIPS
1) Flower food: If you got packets of flower food with your bouquet, use them! This will keep your fresh flowers longer as the food provides lots of benefits.
2) 45º TRIM: It’s important to trim your bouquet at a 45-degree angle right before you place it in water since that will help the bottom of the plants suck up the most water.
3) COOL SETTING: Be sure to keep your bouquet in a cool place away from direct sunlight and ripening fruit, which will cause them to bloom faster.
4) NO FLOATIES: Make sure that there are no leaves floating in the water, which will grow bacteria.
5) CLEAN WATER: And finally, change the water every other day to keep it fresh.
Enjoy these tips from Dianthus Miami, the Experts in Flora, and contact us for additional details on beautiful flowers that suit your needs.